Friday, October 19, 2007

Sample Librarian with a Latte Communication

Just sent this to a COMM 101 class:
Hey!

Your COMM 101 proposal is due on Tuesday, October 30th (the week after next). By then, you'll need to have written a 1-page synopsis of what you're planning to write about **and** submit a list of six *scholarly* articles about your topic.

So, to help you get your six (and maybe more!), I'll be at Espresso Royale on SOUTH UNIVERSITY (the one by the arch, not the one on State) during these times to help:

Tuesday next week, October 23rd, 1 - 3pm
Thursday next week, October 25th, 6:30 - 8:30pm
Sunday next week, October 28th, 5 - 7pm

I'll have a laptop, and we can sit down, talk about what your topic is, and find articles for it. If we don't find much, we can work on revising your topic.

Too freaking good to be true, right? Well, for one, I don't buy your coffee. So forget about it. :)

Second, it does get kinda crowded. Because of that, e-mail me at efrierso@umich.edu and let me know which date you're coming, and what time you think you might show. I might ask that you come a little later if it sounds like a lot of people are going to be there.

Appointments are *not* required, you can just show up - but if I'm busy with someone, I can't guarantee I'll be able to help everyone.

Eric (the COMM Studies Librarian)
I'll post and let you know how it turns out. Last semester, for this same group, I have over 30 show up all at the same time to the session. There are some differences this semester:
  • The communication comes directly from me, not the instructor.
  • There are 3 scheduled sessions, not 1.
  • I ask for them to let me know when they're coming, so I can prevent overcrowding and do more individualized reference.
I hope it rocks their socks off!

E

No comments: